I got this email a couple of times already and I am sure that some of you have, too, but it’s just such a good list that I had to put it up. I didn’t copy the whole thing; I just put my top 30 from a list of 74. I couldn’t whitle down any more than this!
So here would be my top choices of what to do at Wal-Mart if I’m bored:
- As the cashier runs your purchase over the scanner, look mesmerized and say, “Wow, magic!”
- Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift-wrap.
- Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from Mission Impossible.
- Go to the food court, buy a drink, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.
- Drape a blanket around your shoulders and run around saying, “I’m Batman. Come Robin, to the Batcave.”
- Follow people through the aisles, staying about 5 feet behind them. Do this until they leave the store.
- Go into a fitting room, shut the door and wait a while and then yell loudly “There’s no toilet paper in here!”
- Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say “PICK ME! PICK ME!”
- Hold indoor shopping cart races.
- Leave Cheerios in lawn and garden, pillows in the pet section, etc.
- Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the restrooms.
- Make up nonsense products and ask employees if there are any in stock. (i.e.: Shnerples)
- Move “Caution: Wet Floor” signs to carpeted areas.
- Randomly throw things over into neighboring aisles.
- Ride a display bicycle through the store; claim you are taking it for a test drive.
- Say things like, “Would you be so kind as to direct me to your Twinkies.”
- Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten-minute intervals throughout the day.
- Set up a “Valet Parking” sign in front of the store.
- Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers you’ll invite them in if they bring pillows from the bed department.
- Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.
- Take up an entire aisle in toys by setting up a full-scale battle with G.I. Joe vs. X-men.
- Test the brushes and combs in cosmetics.
- Tune all the radios to polka stations; then turn them off and turn the volume up to full blast.
- Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone, ‘Code 3’ in Housewares and see what happens.
- Walk up to complete strangers and say, “Hi. I haven’t seen you in so long.” etc. See if they play along.
- When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask, “Why can’t you people just leave me alone?”
- When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal position and scream “NO! NO! It’s those voices again!!!”
- When someone steps away from his or her cart to look at something, quickly make off with it without saying a word.
- When there are people behind you, walk really slowly, especially in thin aisles.
- While walking through the clothing department, ask yourself loud enough for all to hear, “Who buys this crap anyway?!”
6 thoughts on “Top 30 things to do when bored at Wal-Mart”
Haha, oh my gosh.
I’ve done a majority of the things on there, Sahar.
It’s fun, you should try it.
ps; I heart your blog.
You actually did them? I think I might be a little worried now 😉 And I will never admit to having done any of them, so don’t ask.
I did about 80% of them.
I know, you should be worried. Very worried.
Hahaha I just googled my name and read my old comment.
I was such a big fat liar. I did like two of those.
Really! Which ones?
Really! Which two have you done?